For a game that is constantly evolving, it is almost unavoidable that problems will arrive.
Here are some common troubleshooting steps that might get the game up and working again. These are usually the first steps Zynga asks you to try.
Before Contacting Zynga...
Here's a few troublshooting tips:
-Clear the system cache to remove possibly corrupted files.
You do not need to clear your cookies or history.
(It's a good idea to check if you have the most current version)
-Uninstall and reinstall the game. Don't worry your progress won't be lost.
Uninstall Game1. Log in to your account.
2. Click the Account tab in the upper right hand corner.
3. Select the Privacy Settings option in the Account drop down menu.
4. Locate Applications and Websites at the bottom of the page and click Edit your settings.
5. Click Edit Settings next to the Applications you use option.
6. Click the X icon to the right of any application you wish to remove.
7. Confirm that you want to remove the application by clicking Remove to remove the application completely from your account.
8. Reinstall Game
Is the error still happening?
Here are several different ways of Contacting Zynga:
This is Zynga's support page: http://support.zynga.com
You can try connecting via the Live Chat link
Hidden Chronicles Live Chat*
Here is the link to send them an email
Billing related issues only: 1-800-762-2530
Zynga Official Forums
Zynga Support Facebook Page
Want to send Zynga feedback?
Zynga has recently added a support via twitter method:
Just send them an email:
Put 'Hidden Chronicles' in the subject line
and include your FB ID# (UID)* in the message body along with your issue.
*How to find your UID?
Click your name on the Facebook top bar, and then copy the URL from your profile. i.e. www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=(this is your User ID) OR www.facebook.com/customprofilelink)
Some tips from Zynga support about information you can give them to speed up resolution of your issue...
"It's always helpful if you can provide the following in the body of your email:
* A short but clear description of the issue you are experiencing.
* What are the exact steps that lead to the error?
* How often does this issue occur?
* What type of Internet browser and what version of that browser are you using?
* What Flash version are you using? (To find your Flash Player version, just load the app, right click somewhere on your estate, a pop-up will appear and collect the series of numbers next to "About Adobe Flash Player")
* Did the game generate any error messages?
* If so, include a screenshot of the error message.
* What type of Internet connection do you have? (DSL, cable, etc)
* User ID or Email address used to log into Facebook.
* Your email address where we can contact you
* Your consent to be willing to help us, for instance we may have to run some test on your account to determine what the root cause of your issue is."